Saturday, April 26, 2008
So, is this song Rush Limbaugh influenced?
Hollywood is not America by Ferras
Friday, April 25, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
THE PINEAPPLE EXPRESS
This is by the Apatow people, and stars Seth Rogen as a pothead who accidentally witnesses a murder. James Franco co-stars. Looks lame to me, but then again, I'm not a pothead, so who am I to say?
Why do they make movies from shows that weren't that great in the first place? Still, Steve Carell is good people, and Anne Hathaway even with her clothes on is lovely, so there may be hope.
HAROLD AND KUMAR ESCAPE FROM GUANTANAMO BAY (trailer shows a bare ass, so beware)
Now here's a pothead movie I can get behind! I shocked myself by thoroughly enjoying the first chapter in these dude's lives, and while it is unconscionable it took so long for a sequel, I'm game.
THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN (TCON:PC)
Talk about taking a long time to get out! When did the first movie drop? 1980? Anyway, Caspian was by far the best of the seven books, so here's hoping the movie is too.
THE INCREDIBLE HULK
Originally this was a sequel to Ang Lee's massively misunderstood HULK, but then Edward Norton rewrote the script to give a new backstory, which I guess makes this a separate entity. I loved the first film, so I'm deeply ambivalent here.
Great great GREAT looking trailer, if an unimaginative name for a movie. Looks like James McEvoy has been slated for The Leap, and and I suspect Morgan Freeman and Angelina have great chemistry. (Then again, Morgan Freeman and a wooden Indian would have great chemistry, and Angelina is always at her best just slightly smug and very capable. Are we positive that body recently pushed out a kid?
A magazine recently ran a "management quotes" contest. They were looking for people to submit quotes from their real-life dysfunctional managers.
Here are the top ten finalists:
1. "As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday and employees will receive their cards in two weeks." (This was the winning quote from Fred Dales, Microsoft Corp. in Redmond, WA)
2. "What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter." (Lykes Lines Shipping)
3. "E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data. It should be used only for company business." (Accounting manager, Electric Boat Company)
4. "This project is so important, we can't let things that are more important interfere with it." (Advertising/Marketing manager, United Parcel Service)
5. "Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule." (Plant manager, Delco Corporation)
6. "No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months. Now, go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them." (R&D supervisor, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing/3M Corp.)
7. Quote from the Boss: "Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say." (Marketing executive, Citrix Corporation)
8. My sister passed away and her funeral was scheduled for Monday. When I told my Boss, he said she died on purpose so that I would have to miss work on the busiest day of the year. He then asked if we could change her burial to Friday. He said, "That would be better for me." (Shipping executive, FTD Florists)
9. "We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)
10. One day my Boss asked me to submit a status report to him concerning a project I was working on. I asked him if tomorrow would be soon enough. He said, "If I wanted it tomorrow, I would have waited until tomorrow to ask for it!" (Hallmark Cards executive)
Monday, April 21, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
I've always been facinated by tattoos but never had the nerve to get one.
I used to want a tattoo more than anything. Now I can think of nothing in the world I want on this body, my very sacred temple. I moved on to no longer want a tattoo but to only get one if I needed it. The only thing I would even consider scaring (because kid yourself not this self infliction is scaring, but with ink and on most occasions style.) myself with is the song lyric "Soft spoken with a broken jaw Step outside but not to brawl Autumn's sweet we call it fall I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl". Which has lead me to bring you what type of tattoo I would consider, a musical one. one of symbols, or band art. So here are a few of my greatest liked tattoos. ;)