Friday, November 25, 2005

Alcoholic Pilgrims

I know I said there'd be new material all this week, but I was too dead tired to post new stuff yesterday, and I felt the need to take off some for Indian Slaughter Day, I mean American Thanksgiving.

I feel kinda sorry for Canadians, not having a real Thanksgiving of their own. Nobody landed on Plymouth Leaf or anything, and while they have mistreated their natives, it doesn't compare to the Americans. They don't even get to watch Canadian Football on Thanksgiving, but maybe that's a good thing. (Bear in mind, they do have a Thanksgiving, back in October, but it's a pitiful thing and you sense that deep down they know it).

Anyway, to those Canadians feeling sorry for themselves and wanting to poke ther Americans, I offer this Straight Dope column about the Pilgrims, which shows, among other things, that the Pilgrims were all a bunch of drunken sots. Now do you feel better?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I feel better now. :)