Friday, June 09, 2006

Mottos and Quotes

I put a new motto up: "You know who cares less about your problems than you? Everybody." It comes from a comedian, but I can't remember his name. I know he's American, black and kind of cross-eyed with glasses (if anyone can give me his name I'll give some credit.)


There is also a new quote of the day, from Tom Delay, in his last speech on the House Floor before leaving Congress. If the audience cared more about it I'd write a column on DeLay, but they don't so I'll leave it at the quote.

I will point out one funny item. The article that I got the quote from gets mad at DeLay for calling the Democrats "The Democrat Party" and not "The Democratic Party." The writer seems ignorant that the former is the correct way to say it. Democratic refers to a style of government, not the party. People can pontificate on how the two are related, the same way they might on Republicans and the Republic, but the two names are just names.

The truth is that America is techincally not a pure Democracy (which you wouldn't want anyway), but a Democratic Replublic.

Ahhh, you're already bored, so I'll quit.


Hyperion

No comments: