Monday, May 23, 2005

Sweet Baby Corn

BURNING QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

  1. Who is Debbie Travis? I keep seeing this commercial where people stop her at the store, the ophthalmologist’s, the drive-thru line, asking for her opinion on paint colors for their home. The way the commercial is framed, the assumption is that this Travis woman is famous on a par with Bob Villa or something. Now, granted, I spend less time thinking about paint colors than the average…well, just about anybody, but it seems I’d have at least heard of her if she were that famous.

  1. What’s up with baby corn? Is it in any way related to regular corn (or more technically, maize)? I think I heard it wasn’t, but if that’s the case, what’s the deal with how eerily similar it looks to regular corn. And while I’m on the subject, tell me that Sweet Baby Corn wouldn’t be a PERFECT name for a pre-teen R&B/Pop trio. In fact, I think I’m going out to find some 14 year old girls just for that purpose. (And somewhere, even though he hasn’t read this post yet, Koz’s head just popped up in a Scooby-like fashion at the mention of 14 year old girls. No, Koz, you cannot be assistant band manager.)

No comments: