Monday, June 16, 2008
Daily Lynx - Big Batch Day
A big batch of links to get your week started.
1. First, a SHAMELESS PLUG. There are seven international holidays this week, brought to you by your good friends at International Day. They are:
Monday - International Be Nice to French People Day
Tuesday - International String Theory Day
Wednesday - International This Day in History Day
Thursday - International Call in Sick Day (may be celebrated all week)
Friday - International Jealously is Cool Day (I just celebrated this five minutes ago, getting a jump start)
Saturday - International I Don't Care Day
Sunday - International Food Court Day
Drop by and check them out.
2. Forbes Magazine's annual Celebrity 100 List is out. Not quite sure how they did their amalgamation, but you can isolate by Overall, Money, TV, Web and press. The top two are gimmies; after that it's a bit odd.
3. MuchBetterThanThis.com. There is simply no way to describe it.
4. For you nut jobs (walnut paneled nut jobs) who treat HGTV as a religion, How to Install Invisible Shelves. Seems like more trouble than it's worth, but I'm guessing several panties just moisturized. (I say panties because any guy who is into HGTV is basically a girl, so the metaphor fits.)
5. Not remotely dirty, just totally fucking mango: What every man wants in bed. Some day, friends, this will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.
6. I love watches like I love to smack a sweet ass, but I cannot imagine ever wearing one of these Cool Watches that take a P.h.d. to read. They are cool, though.
7. I'm sure you have been following the R. Kelly Trial, and know by now that he was found not guilty of Child Pornography. Slate.com writer Josh Levin has a wrap up column after watching the the entire trial, including links to previous dispatches. Some of the Defences R. Kelly's legal team will have you in hysterics. (Well, it would if it wasn't so serious.) Then again, maybe they have a point. Just because the video looked like R. Kelly doesn't mean it was him. That shit is easy to fake. Scroll back up and look at the picture at the top. I don't mean to scare you but, THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY R. KELLY!