Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Best Picture Oscar Showcase



As many of you know, the last two years I have joined some friends to watch all Five Best Picture Nominees in one day. It's on February 21, the day before the Oscars. (The picture is last year's pass.)

Here is the link to the AMC Showcase page

It's $30 for an all-day pass, which includes some special souvenirs, and free drinks (and I think popcorn) all day long.


Koz is really hoping we do it this year (after he punked out like LaDanian Tomlinson in a playoff game last year), and I want to as well. Even though it's a pretty good deal, money is always an issue, but the bigger concern for me is health; can I physically get up there and back?

Anyway, assuming this old body can pull through, we're putting out a call to any Monkeys in the Atlanta area. You can't imagine how much fun it is to do this. We get lots of snacks, and argue with everyone around us during the breaks. Yes, by the end you're a bit of a zombie, but it's a good zombie-feeling.

So, like I said, we'd love for all of you to go. Email me (Hyperion) if you're interested, and we'll hook it up!

No comments: