Friday, April 06, 2007

$500

I got an energy drink this morning, only to discover the cap was talking to me!

I think when beverages ask you questions (especially those high in B-12 Vitamins) you should answer, and so in the spirit of Dragon's questions, I ask you this:

If a stranger gave you $500 and asked you to donate it to charity, would you?

Assume that no one would know whether you had or not, not even the stranger. Be honest: would you? If so, what charity? If not, would that bother you?

Hyperion
(All credit to Dragon for inspiring this post)

5 comments:

Dragon said...

I definitely would donate the money. I don't think I'd give it to any of the 'big' charities like The Cancer Society or The Red Cross. I'd find something where $500 would be make a big difference. Maybe a food bank or homeless shelter.

Sea Hag said...

I'd be more likely to give it to a friend who I know was having some cash issues, though I'd probably take out $50 for gas money.

Tobias the River Midget said...

If by "Charity" you mean "my favorite stripper," then we are on the same page, baby!

Pageant Mom said...

I would definitely give it to a charity. Probably something along the lines of a rape crisis or abused women's shelter, or even a halfway house for people coming out of prison. Although if I had a friend struggling through a major crisis I'd probably give it to them...

I couldn't keep it, my conscience would scream at me constantly.

Sornie said...

I'd donate $400 but hold on the the remaining hundred as a sort of "handler's fee". Remember, nothing comes without hidden costs.