Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Previews before Prince Caspian

Saw PRINCE CASPIAN last night. Before the film were six previews, ranging from good to suicide-inducing.



WALL E



Comment: Looks adorable, and I'd follow Pixar anywhere.



BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA



Comment: I actually tried to slit my own wrists with a soda can. No lie.



KUNG FU PANDA



Comment: I have fears this might suck, but at least it looks like they are trying. I'll wait for word-of-mouth on this, but feel cautiously optimistic.



THE INCREDIBLE HULK
- I posted the clip last time (watch it over on You Tube should you desire), but I did add a wrinkle this time you might want to try in the theater. At the beginning of the trailer the words appeared "the most powerful superhero on earth...." and I piped up, "Oprah?" General laughter from those around us. Then, they start to show Hulk's immense green body breaking through the asphalt, and I quipped, "....still could be Oprah....." Brought the house down. Try it!


JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH - I posted this earlier too (watch it here). I have every confidence this 3-D movie will suck, but at least it will be an interesting experiment.



HANCOCK


Comment: Will Smith has proven he can open a movie, whether it's dreck or gold. These trailers look pretty good, and I like the take on a superhero who's so alone and freakish he becomes a homeless alcoholic. Add in Justin Bateman, and this could be the movie of the summer.

2 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

Ive heard rumors of worries and possible reshoots with Hancock, that never is good news

Miss Britt said...

Wait. That dog thing is a MOVIE?

I was certain it was a joke.