Tuesday, September 06, 2005

And then there's Barbara

You people understand why this has become a War of Blame, right? I know it seems stupid, but there are tens of billions of dollars in lost revenue to the South, and even more (perhaps hundreds of billions) in clean-up costs, rebuilding contracts, and just general aid.

Who is going to get that money? The people? Developers? What developers? How is it going to be allocated?

You see what I'm saying? This is the most money to come along for one shot in world history. Of course politicians are going to be fighting over it.

With that pespective, any Democrat with an ounce of common sense is going to pounce all over what Barbara Bush said on National Public Radio.

And perhaps they should. At the very least (I doubt it was racist), her comments were stone stupid and insensitive. In the larger scheme, they do her son, already reeling from searing criticism, no favors.

(And I did hear this snippet myself, so I can assure you the link I sent you is accurate, right down to the chuckle. Total moron.)

No comments: