Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Maybe It's Me (Part 3)

Haven't done one of these in a while.

I'm glad that I'm going to be limiting TV, because lately everywhere I looked were these stupid Cahrmin commericals. Have you seen them? They show a family of bears using Charmin toilet paper, learning that with Charmin's ultra padding (or whatever), less is more.

This series of commericals bothers me on levels.

First, is there anyone out there who is capable of watching television not know what toilet paper is for? Do we really need to see bears wiping themselves? I think you all know I'm not prude, but it's just...unseemly.

And if we they absolutely HAVE to show the toilet paper "in action," why bears? These are among the most noble creatures. To have them demeaned in this way.....

Does this bother anyone else?

Or maybe it's just me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Charmin bears! My favorite part is when they are done wiping they have little happy squiggle lines come out of their heads because they're so excited about having a nice, clean butt.

Faithful Joy said...

yikes. I'm with you, Hyperion. In light of a majority of commercials on TV these days, it is obvious that the advertising empire believes that the public are complete morons. Lately the "Wendy's" fast food commercials have actually been killing off brain cells if I don't get the the mute button fast enough! Don't get me wrong, there are some real gems out there (Capital One, Citibank, Guiness...to name a few) but on the whole I find myself screaming obcsenities at the screen! :o)