Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Which is worse...

to have a song stuck in your head or a poem?

This might be a technicality since poems have rhythm (my current ditty is iambic).

I’ve had the Guy Fawkes rhyme stuck in my head ALL morning. Even now as I type this I’m hearing “remember, remember…” ringing through my mind and honestly I think it is much worse than having a song in my mind…songs and books on cd and phone conversations later, this rhyme is still on my mind. Usually when songs are stuck in my head, by now the mental DJ would be on the 3rd stuck tune (at least). It’s the 5th of June but the 5th of November in my mind…I have no clue why either. (And I've not seen "V" again either.)

Oh why oh why couldn’t it be Poe or Shakespeare? I’d even prefer the usual “Adams Family” or “Green Acres” background music my mind goes thru during doldrums to this.

1 comment:

Dragon said...

You poor, poor dear.