Friday, September 14, 2007

The Last of Tobias

[Hyperion's Note: I wrote a column called One Last Thing Before I Go several years ago, and re-posted it a few days ago. In conjunction with doing so I asked the members of Monkey Barn to answer the questions themselves and answer it.]


I know I haven’t been posting much lately. No excuses; my life has just taken a few different turns. I thought I would always live with Hyperion, but once you come out of the Cave there is no going back….

Anyway, like I said, things are different. This will be my last post. I had a lot of fun being in the Barn, and I will miss all of you. –Tobias


Last meal: Scalloped potatoes and (sorry Hyperion) Lobster dripping in butter, broccoli-cheese soup, carrot cake and Strawberry Kiwi Kool-Aid

Last restaurant: McDonalds. You can have your fine dining and table cloths: give me a chance to play in some balls and get a prize with my meal!

Last movie: WILD THINGS or THE LION KING

Last book: I’m not big on books, but I always liked “The Secret of NIMH,” and even better is the sequel: “Rasco and the Rats of NIMH.”


Last TV show: The second-to-last Seinfeld episode where they do all the clips, and then end with Greenday’s “I Hope you have the Time of your Life.” That always gets me.

Last game to play: Rock ‘em Sock ‘em Robots.

Last Song: “Sundown” by Gordon Lightfoot (Here is a video of him singing it in concert this summer. It’s not a great recording, but I was there! If you look closely, you can see me at the 1:32 to 1:36 mark.).

Last Piece of Art: “Turkish Bath” by Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres (You can see it here)

Last thing to write: A rock-fantasy opera about a River Midget and the pirate woman he loved

Last letter: To Hyperion’s unborn Child.

Last thing to do: Slay a monster

Last Wish: That I could make Lady Jane Scarlett "Walk the Plank"

Last Words: “Little People of the World, Unite!"


Tobias Out

2 comments:

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

I would cry that your leaving Tobias, but I think you'll be back. So I'll see ya around sweet cheeks.

Dragon said...

Can you feel the sexual tension? I can. She's hot for you Tobias. You have to come back and get you some pirate action.