Sunday, September 09, 2007

Science vs. Math (who ya Got?)

[I can't see more than three of you getting this joke, but I think it's funny, and that's good enough for me.....]


A mathematician and a physicist agree to a psychological experiment.

The (hungry) mathematician is put in a chair in a large empty room and his favorite meal, perfectly prepared, is placed at the other end of the room. The psychologist explains, "You are to remain in your chair. Every minute, I will move your chair to a position halfway between its current location and the meal."

The mathematician looks at the psychologist in disgust. "What? I'm not going to go through this. You know I'll never reach the food!" And he gets up and storms out.

The psychologist ushers the physicist in. He explains the situation, and the physicist's eyes light up and he starts drooling.

The psychologist is a bit confused. "Don't you realize that you'll never reach the food?"

The physicist smiles and replies: "Of course! But I'll get close enough for all practical purposes!"

2 comments:

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Heh.
And the engineer...well she just breaks all the rules and grabs the delicious meal while it's still hot.

And, I must say that the language of the joke is not gender-inclusive. Do you know that over 50% of science/engineering undergrads are women??

Anonymous said...

Gender inclusive - you're kidding right? lol