Monday, November 12, 2007

Dear Monkeys

A Note to Monkey Barn Readers,


Dear Chowderheads,

You have have noticed that I (that is to say Hyperion, your Barn Overlord) have been posting quite a bit since Monkey Barn came back online. You have have also noticed that most of the posts are not that personal in nature. I started a Daily Lynx section, as well as a Picture of the Day (P.O.D.), and some occasional Vs. segments, and other jokes/hilarity.

You might find this strange, since I have repeatedly said I wanted Monkey Barn to be more personal.

My reasoning is:

I have another site called "Institutionalized" (http://hyperionjournal.blogspot.com) that basically serves as my blog/journal (or what I like to call my blournal). It is there that I write down all my hopes and dreams and thoughts throughout the week. I used to put that stuff on Monkey Barn, before there were the other Monkeys. I don't put it on my home page (The Hyperion Institute), because that is for the actual writing, whatever it is I have written for that day.

So, what does this have to do with Monkey Barn?

Well, I am totally on board with Monkey Barn being more of a personal site, with less material "found" from other places, and more of what we thought/think about issues. However, as I wrote above, since I already have my own site to do that, Monkey Barn is supposed to be for the other Monkeys to do that.

As of right now they are sort of shy. I invited them back quite several weeks ago, but until they are back to posting they way they used to, I'm trying to fill the void.

Hopefully in the future the Monkeys will begin posting more, and I will be posting less. (Also, we will have group projects, which I hope you will enjoy.)

Oh, one other thing: Monkey Barn is open to anyone. If you want to be a part, we would love to consider you for membership. We have cool tee-shirts and everything. Just drop me an email and make your case.

So that's the deal. Until the Monkeys get going again, I hope you're enjoying the stuff I've been posting, and if you have suggestions, I'm all ears on that too.

Much love and jello,

Hyperion

No comments: