Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Trailers before Sarah Marshall

Went and saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall the other night. (Read my review!) There were six trailers beforehand that I thought you might be interested in.


Comedies:


THE PINEAPPLE EXPRESS


This is by the Apatow people, and stars Seth Rogen as a pothead who accidentally witnesses a murder. James Franco co-stars. Looks lame to me, but then again, I'm not a pothead, so who am I to say?



GET SMART


Why do they make movies from shows that weren't that great in the first place? Still, Steve Carell is good people, and Anne Hathaway even with her clothes on is lovely, so there may be hope.



HAROLD AND KUMAR ESCAPE FROM GUANTANAMO BAY
(trailer shows a bare ass, so beware)


Now here's a pothead movie I can get behind! I shocked myself by thoroughly enjoying the first chapter in these dude's lives, and while it is unconscionable it took so long for a sequel, I'm game.



Dramas



THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN (TCON:PC)


Talk about taking a long time to get out! When did the first movie drop? 1980? Anyway, Caspian was by far the best of the seven books, so here's hoping the movie is too.




THE INCREDIBLE HULK



Originally this was a sequel to Ang Lee's massively misunderstood HULK, but then Edward Norton rewrote the script to give a new backstory, which I guess makes this a separate entity. I loved the first film, so I'm deeply ambivalent here.




WANTED



Great great GREAT looking trailer, if an unimaginative name for a movie. Looks like James McEvoy has been slated for The Leap, and and I suspect Morgan Freeman and Angelina have great chemistry. (Then again, Morgan Freeman and a wooden Indian would have great chemistry, and Angelina is always at her best just slightly smug and very capable. Are we positive that body recently pushed out a kid?

No comments: