Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ajax's QotD: Because (cynically speaking) nothing goes with romance like comedy...

Question: What is your favorite Romantic-Comedy movie?

My favorite has been L.A. Story since the first time I saw it. The notion of a clever man seeking happiness while surrounded by phoniness is a classic (and I just finished reading Catcher In The Rye, so the premise goes back a while). As well, it showcased Steve Martin's comedic talents outside the wacky-crazy guy vein, and had interesting bits by Woody Harrelson, Sarah Jessica Parker, and the city of Los Angeles (personified by a highway conditions sign).

4 comments:

Skittles said...

While You Were Sleeping

He's terrif and right under her nose - does art mimic reality or vice versa. (And I just enjoy Sandra Bullock.)

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

I really enjoy Serendipity. It's cute, and funny, and John Cusack is adorable. Plus, the soundtrack is wonderful!

Tracy Lynn said...

I like His Girl Friday. Cary Grant, Rosalind Russell and snappy dialogue aplenty.

Dragon said...

My favourite is When Harry Met Sally.