Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Black History Day continues

Since apparently this is "black issues day" (obviously with the Leonardo painting and the Race Card post), I thought I'd add my two cents.

A teacher was suspended for using the N Word. To be clear, not Nigger, which I think most people would understand (assuming it wasn't used in a teching context), but rather for using the word "Nigga."

If you believe the teacher (and I'm tempted to), this was in response to a student--and supposedly many students--using it first.

Watching this middle aged white guy explain the difference between Nigger and Nigga is hilarious, and you can't help but feel for him; trying to keep in touch with his students; picking a very bad way to do it.

The news people seem to have zero understanding of what's going on, but we've all been there and know there really is a huge difference in those terms.

Anyway, see for yourself whether you believe this guy.

-H

No comments: