Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oh My God, I Sound Just Like My Father

As an adult the threats of my father make much more sense to me now. In my family we help my sister raise her three children. By each adult taking separate days of the week off to watch them. This way they don't end up daycare or under the supervision of other people. Only problem is I know find myself using same the exact same threats my dad used on me.
Phrases like:

"You're crusin for a brusin"
"Because I said so, that's why"
"Sit down and hold each other's hand"
"Trust me, you don't want me to pull this car over"
"So help you god, if I have to come in there someone is going to get hurt"

And last but not least the ever perverted sounding (but trust me this IS NOT. He had a 2" wide leather belt, and would snap it so you knew he was on his way to make good on his threats....

"Bend over and grab your ankles"

Okay, I really only use the first three or four but you get my point. Question is am I really turning into my father?

What about you? Ever received threats like these or is it just me?

No comments: