Friday, October 28, 2005

Important housekeeping notes

I can't believe Halloween is so close at hand! I have a tremendous number of things I'd planned to post this week, so much so that I will have to make posts all weekend too. (Normally I try to take the weekend off.)

Before I throw a few your way, someone has brought up the "ratings" of the links, and what this might have to do with Quincy.

Quincy is a friend and avid Reader, and because he was a pastor (before he became a game show host), I like to say things are "Quincy-safe," as in, if HE can see it, so can you. Of course, I'm not sure if he reads any more, now that he's a Hollywood big shot, but still, that's the rationale.

If I put something is NSFQ (Not Safe For Quincy), that means it might be objectionable, or more importantly (as most of you aren't easily offended), might not be safe for work computers. I try very hard to give a clear accounting of the links, but sometimes I don't notice the ads, which I'm sure some of you have noticed occasionally have scantily clad girls.

Bottom line: you're on your own with taking a look. I assume if you're here you are an adult and can make your own decisions on what you want to see. I am powerfully uninterested in whining. However, I am sympathetic to people stuck at work who just can't go too long without a Hyperion fix, so from now on all links will cary ratings, both for content and (if applicable) ads. QS wll mean Quincy-Safe, meaning anyone can look at this. QQ means Quincy Questionable, usually because of the scantily clad girls in the ads, or whatever. And we already discussed NSFQ.

One other note, while I have you all here. Ajax mentioned to me the other day that only a small number of you are leaving comments. According to my counters, quite a few more are reading. So, to see who's actually out there, I want you (that means you, yes you), to comment on this post. You don't have to say anything profound (Lord knows most of the Commenters are dumber than rocks), but you need to say SOMETHING. If you don't want to pick a name, just post as Anonymous1, Anonymous2, etc. and say you're here, you're queer, get used to you.

Or Whatever.

I'm averaging 35 unique viewers to this site every day, so I expect 35 comments by tomorrow. If I get it, I'll give you a reward, and TRUST ME, you'll be happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They have Halloween in Canada?

Anonymous said...

Halloween? I think I saw something about Halloween once on some pirated American cable channel. The one with the turkeys, right? Or was it the Jewish Christmas thing? We Canadians confuse so easily.

Anonymous said...

Hypie, I am so far behind that you will probably never read this, but here I am anyway. For your new motto I would suggest: The Hyperion Institute, not responsible for anything you read here. :)

Anonymous said...

Look at me! I'm leaving a comment! I think this site needs more nude Hyperion.