Thursday, August 11, 2005

Baby Chickens

I was at Colorado's the other night with Marcellus and quite a few things happened (which I will get to over the course of the rest of the day; want to pace myself). This gem I just had to share.

Marcellus ordered chicken wings, and it reminded me of when I worked in a deli. I knew so little about chicken wings, that I thought that only the flat ones were wings. The other ones I thought were drumsticks.

So when people would order wings I'd give them the flat ones, and they'd get mad at me and I never understood it.

Finally my supervisor explained it to me. She asked, "How could you think they were drumsticks?"

I answered quite honestly, "I thought they were from baby chickens."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hon - I actually tought the same. The little things do look like a mini-wing & drumstick or drumlette - which is actually my favorite kind - mmmmm chicken drumlettes! I think I know what I'm ordering for lunch!