Thursday, August 11, 2005

More Care Bears and Dead People

Once at Colorado’s I asked my three questions of the night again. I kept the Care Bear one (chicks love that), and added these: if you could change the ending to any movie, what would it be and how; and design your own holiday that everyone celebrates.

Marcellus had some good answers. His Care Bear was Grouchy Bear with a thunderhead on the tummy. He wanted the last twenty minutes of A.I. cut off, and he wanted Truth Day, where everyone is forced to tell the truth with no repercussions (your boss, customers, jerk neighbors, etc.).

I had Crazy Bear (in a straight jacket), I wanted King Kong to get the girl, and Old Movie Week, where every theatre was required to play classic films to introduce to young people duped into believing Adam Sandler is a star. Screw that. Bogie, Gable, Betty Davis; they were stars.

Our server didn’t help us out too much, but Jaime came up with Stubborn Bear; a mule on her tummy. Interestingly, later at Denny’s there was another Jamie who only answered the Care Bear Question, and had Vacation Bear with a palm tree on a beach. Just goes to show you once again that chicks love the Care Bear Question. Men: write that down.

We had more luck with two Hostesses. One was Caity, and she had Hippie Bear, complete with bandana, yellow-tinted glasses, and a Peace symbol on her tummy. She wanted the boy to die in WAR OF THE WORLDS, and she wanted Free Day, where everything is free. (Not sure how that works, but then again, how is Truth Day supposed to work?)

Her friend Rebecca had Boozer Bear, with a beer gun on her tummy. (Note: I have NO idea what a beer gun is, but I kept this to myself.) She wanted KILL BILL VOLUME 2 changed to show Bill getting pummeled for longer, and she waned Dead Celebrity Concert Day. All the Dead Celebrities (especially, for some strange reason, Jim Morrison) would come back to life and give concerts. Thinking it through Rebecca realized that the concerts couldn’t all be done in one day, and suggested a week, which I proclaimed “Corpseapalooza.”

There’s more, but I put it in the next post.

No comments: