Monday, August 08, 2005

Unbelievable

So there's this message board that a friend of mine knows I visit every day. And yesterday he posts the surprise ending to "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," knowing--KNOWING!--that I, among others on that site, haven't read the book yet.

I am flabbergasted.

My immediate response was to write the angriest of replies on the board, but I deleted it. Never write an email while growling is one of my rules, and I guess that applies to Message Boards too. So much wrong can happen.

But now it's several hours later, and I'm still very upset about this. I don't know whether I should make a big deal about this or not. I mean, what is it in people that causes them to do this to others?

It is possible that he was just referring to an earlier post, and didn't "break" the information, in which case I want to talk to who did.

I just don't know what to do.

Help me out, Hyperion Nation. Am I being too sensitive, here, or does this guy derserve the Chair?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Hyperion Nation it was me. I stole the picture from tshirthell.com that gives away a big part in the new Harry Potter book. I posted it on the message board. So what? I haven't read it yet either. the world didn't end because I found out the big secret before I read it. I'm sure you'll be ok too. The book will be just as good.

Anonymous said...

While I agree knowing the end is not the end of the world, when you tell someone the end of a book before they've finished it, you ruin the book! Yeah, we enjoy reading the entire book, but the end is the climax. Without the climax the enjoyment is shattered. Come on, if the your partner or you don't climax or do it too early...it's a let down.
Premature climaxing just ruins it all!

Koz - FOR SHAME! TSK TSK TSK!

Anonymous said...

Violence seems to work