Saturday, August 27, 2005

I didn't get a cake, but I did make some Graitch....

Yesterday started off pretty terribly for me.

Went to Denny's; closed for renovations. You'd think after all the love I show those servers one of them would give me a heads up. I got all dressed and headed into town and everything. Plus, since it was the anniversary of my birth as Hyperion, I would have gotten a free meal! Total Hatred.

Then I was sick most of the day. I wanted to go see a movie or something, but had to stay close to the bathroom all day, as I never knew which end it was coming out of. I don't write that to be gross, but you've all been there. You know how much that sucks.

The worst part was that my family and close friends didn't call. I don't know why I stressed over that. I haven't made that big a deal about the anniversary of my physical birth for some time. I guess maybe it was because this day was so personal, and with me writing the column last year explaining everything. I don't know. Maybe my defenses were down because I was sick. About 12:30 last night my dad finally called, and I got all excited, but he was just checking in from vacation, and didn't even know what day it was.

Sad and pathetic Hyperion.

However, earlier in the day I did get a card from a sexy pirate, so that was good. And then the bestest thing happened. Someone told me they sent me something, and I went out and walked the quarter mile to the mail box (don't even get me started on that, Canada), to find nothing. Figuring it was just slow mail, I came back home. But I ended up talking to that person about 2 in the morning, and she told me what she sent came by Purolator, which sounds like a Heating Company, but is Canada's version of Fed-Ex.

So I went to the front door and opened it and lo and behold there was a package sitting there! I was so happy I did the little Snoopy dance right there on the porch. And the gift turned out to be a pen with my name engraved on it! You all know how I love pens with the same fervor usually reserved for beef jerky and world domination.

So, it turned out to be an okay day after all. Hugs to all pirates and dragons.

(And remind me sometime to write a column on the worst birthday I ever had)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, this is terribly late, but:


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!