Friday, July 13, 2007

Daily T's - XIV

Interest in the Daily T's seems to have died down (or out), so this will be the last one for at least awhile. I thought I would end with a blast from the past:




I posted this picture like 17 months ago or something, and you would have thought I advocated hanging all puppies. An obvious joke (and I don't think too offensive a one) was turned into World War Three, with more than one person upset that somehow I was

A) Hating on Single Mothers (can they read?)

B) Saying all Single Mothers were Strippers (I could never be that Lucky)

C) All women were just animated Sex Objects for men to ogle (I wouldn't say they were all animated)

See what I mean? I had to write several follow up posts, take down the picture, etc. I never understood it then, and I still don't now. Why do people get so up in arms about jokes, while meanwhile serious matters like

  1. The Desecration of our Covered Bridges
  2. Not a Single Television Show about Puppets that come to life at night and fight crime as Ninja
  3. 2007 - Still no lightsabers!

go unresolved. Jeeesh!

3 comments:

Biff Spiffy said...

I chortled.

Of course, I would fall into the 'insensitive pig' category right with ya.

Anonymous said...

EH - I'm laughing too, and I'm a girl. aamof, that's my picture right there at the bottom of this post.

You owe me royalties, Dude.

Hyperion said...

Biffy - I ain't no insensitive pig. I'm an ardent feminist!

Tiffini - Where do I send the check? By the way, that's a pretty unusual spelling of your name. Are you sure that instead of "tiffini" it isn't spelled "madeup"??