Sunday, July 15, 2007

Harry Potter and the Crucifixion




Dudes,

I came upon this interesting article, by Jeff Diamant. He is a Faith & Religion writer for newspapers. He had never read nor seen Harry until three months ago, when an editor talked him into reading the series (so far) straight through in order to talk about the spiritual implications.

It's a very intersting article, although I don't agree with everything Diamant says. (He MASSIVELY misunderstands the role of Snape, in my opinion.) There is also a book six spoiler that is pretty huge, so if you haven't read that book and haven't heard about it stay away.

For Harry Potter fans, though, it's an interesting read, and renews my thought I should have my own Harry Potter philosophy column. The only question is before or after the seventh book.

Read The Gospel According to Rowling

Aitchy out

1 comment:

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

I'd MUCH rather have read your HP philosophy. I'll never get those 2.345 minutes back again. {sniffles}