Monday, June 26, 2006

It's a bird, it's a plane (it's a quadrapalegic!)

I wasn't really into the new Superman movie, but two specials I recently saw made me change my mind. As they are playing all week, I thought you might want to catch them too.

A&E has a special called Look up into the sky! The amazing story of Superman! The show traces the history of Superman, from the Action comics to modern day. Many subjects are tackled, including the so-called curse, how Christopher Reeve was selected, and various other incarnations. Breezy in that A&E style and well worth the time.



Even better, last night The Discovery Channel premiered The Science of Superman. Basically, they go through and try to explain the physics of Superman's various abilities. Sounds far-fetched, but actually only one of the famous exploits of Superman do the scientists agree is impossible. (Guess which?) Even though I was still sick when it came on, I watched The Science of Superman, and liked it so much I watched it again two hours later. Hardcore recommended.

1 comment:

Skittles said...

(Hey Hypie Hon - hope you're feeling better)

I agree - at 1st I wasn't overly interested in the new Superman movie but my interest has grown through interviews and so on - plus - it falls in my category of if I'm going to see it, it should be on the big screen to fully enjoy the special effects.