Tuesday, June 20, 2006

OCD and my iPod

So, I'm pretty obsessed with my iPod, and it recently occured to me that the music I choose to listen to is mostly influenced by my moods. Some days are going good and you just want to rock out to some 'Paradise City' in your car, and sometimes you just want to sit in a dark room get some incense going and listen to some Tori Amos and contemplate doing something stupid, like calling an ex or shaving your head. Or shaving your ex's head. Whatever.

With that thought in mind (and the possibility that I can obsess over my iPod for a few more hours) I decided I'd make playlists based on my mood rather than nail the 'forward' button over and over and over (and over) again to find a song I want to hear.

The problem isn't what to put on these particular lists, but what to call these lists, because you get the opportunity to name your little playlists so that you can differentiate them from one another. If you let the iPod decide, it'll call it 'On-the-Go 1', which is lame and most uncreative. And I'm all about the creativity, baby! Plus, you're kinda limited on space, so I can't use 'Songs that remind me of that guy who totally stomped on my heart (but I hope he calls me anyway)' or 'Hateful songs that make me want to stab people'.

So, Monkey Barners, I ask for your help. I need some ideas for playlists for the following themes:

1. sad (because someone I like doesn't like me back) stuff
2. sad (for other reasons) stuff
3. happy stuff
4. angry stuff


If you have any more rad theme ideas, I'll take those too.

love,
Sea Hag

5 comments:

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Sea Hag, If you put a comment on my webpage, I'll send you my list of supremely depressing tunes. :)

Schrodinger's Kitten said...

Really, I think the titles you just came up with are pretty brilliant. :^)

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Thanks Schro! Maybe if this engineer thing doesn't work out, I can be DJ LJS: soundtracking lifestyles of the unrequited lovers in the world?? :D

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

oooh, i'm sorry...i misunderstood Schro's comment.

Tracy Lynn said...

1.)Hot Doom
2.)General Bummer
3.)Festive
4.)Hot Sun Hate