Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Okay, so while I definitely should be in bed (I was violently ill all weekend and through Monday, and am still as weak as a three-day old kitten, enough so that Julia Freaking Roberts could probably have her way with me and I wouldn't be able to toss her some oats to fend her off), I wanted to speak to you all. Of course the library has the interwebs not working, which means I am typing this right now but not able to see it. Anyway, I hope this comes through.

First of all, I can't access Monkey Barn Proper, but did anyone get the nicknames? I'll put the answer, and you can tell me:

The hint is that all three people were hosts of MTV's Headbanger's ball. One of the groups often featured (in the '80s) was Ratt. Ratt's origial name was MickeyRatt, hence calling Rennratt Mickey.

Similar etymology for Biffy. See, you have Biff Spiffy, but I call him Biffy. From there you go to Biffy the Vampire Slayer, and from there to Slayer, which was of course a Thrash Metal band.

Pretty neat, huh?

Secondly, there have been many issues with old/new blogger and Monkey Barn. Actually, as far as I know, Rennratt has still officially not joined us here, and others are having problems (like Sea Hag, who assures me she has a killer V-Day Valentine's post, but she can't get it up here.)

So far I have refrained from joining new blogger for the principle reason that it happened while I was in exile, and also worries about the rest of you. However, I may be forced to act.

I have appointed Tiff my liason on this issue, responisble for finding out what needs to be done and smoothing over the problems. Please contact her if there are problems, and bear with is. If for some reason I have to switch over and all of you are bumped off, be assured that it will only take a few naked pictures to get you all back on.

The last thing I wanted to ask was actally slated for Monday (I had all these "love" questions set up for the week, before illness). This question is mostly for the ladies, but the guys can answer too with opposing genders:

Let's say you had a substantial relationship (8+ months), and then an amicable break up. Break ups are never easy, but this one is not seething with resentment. So, those issues not present, and the break up not for infidelitious reasons, would you want his next girlfriend to be demonstrably better looking than you, demonstrably worse looking than you, about the same but totally different type (blonde vs redhead, tall vs. short, etc.), or does it not make a difference?

Don't just spout off, but really think through your answer, and whenever the hell I get back here I'll give you my analysis.

Oh, and Koz promised to post something awesome tonight. If there is nothing on the morrow you have my permission to post his email and inundate him with hate.

Your Leader, bowed, but never broken

6 comments:

tiff said...

I would want the next girlfriend to be different looking, and WAY cuter than me. That way, I could absolve myself of any true guilt feeling about the breakup being my fault and commence to blaming him for being shallow.

However, because there are so few women out there better looking than me, I kinda wish his next girlfriend was a guy. Men going gay is ever so much easier to take.

Biff Spiffy said...

Can't really follow that, Tiff. I give up. Not fair, you get all the beauty AND brains.

Anyway, as for the 'gentleman' answer, makes no difference. If we're done, we're done. Of course, having not broken up with anyone in a very long time puts me way out of practice.

Sea Hag said...

See, I'd want the next girlfriend to be similar to me, except a few shades dumber and uglier, so I would get some smug satisfaction in knowing that he's just trying to replicate what he had with me

Pageant Mom said...

Wow, I never thought about it that way... when I had a break up I never looked back - however, some years after being out of the singles scene I ran into a guy I once dated (at a time management seminar of all places) and he said he fondly remembered me as the girlfriend with the scorched-earth dating policy. (that was soooo harsh...) SIGH.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

If the break up was amiable, then I'd want my ex-mate to be happy first and foremost. And if he's happy with the October Playmate or the girl next door, then that's all good.
Now if the break up was not amiable..well. Again, looks don't matter. I'd scratch her eyes out regardless.

lost goddess said...

I don't care if your not with me.

But if you were courting me I better see you looking at only the best USDA choice meat so I feel Top o' the line :D