Monday, February 19, 2007

What to do?

Thanks to those who opined on the large rack question, including two of you who went out of your way to tell me that another member might be false-perpetrating the mammary goodness.

Ah, women.

This leads me to my next question, which is kind of delicate, since it involves my sister, who would kill me if she knew I shared, so DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT let it get back to her.

So, Thursday night she and a friend from work met these guys. My sister was all excited. He's the greatest guy on earth, a true Renaissance man, able to do anything. Sounds like a bragger to me, but maybe I'm just jealous that she never called me a Renaissance man.

So anyway, last night she's all sick, and then he calls at one in the morning. Next thing you know she's asking if she can bum a ride to the hotel where I've come to post everything, and he'll pick her up here.

Now, I'm not bothered by the late time thing. I do things late at night, and that's just the life for the young. What bothers me is him not coming to pick her up where we live.

She said that he said it was too far, but it was only another 5 miles, and all of that freeway, which means 7 minutes, tops. To me this is a huge red flag.

The guy's 30 (she's 21) and he has a car and money isn't the issue. She said he was tired, but if he's too tired to drive the last five miles, how can he safely make it the first five, and what about getting my sister home?

My real problem is that it seems like he's seeing how much he can get her to do. She's already jumping through hoops to see him, bumming rides and moving on his whim. (Normally she demands hours to get ready, but when told I was leaving in two minutes at 2:26, she got ready.) Then when I ran through McDonald's for a Dollar Meu item she called him twice and texted him once to apologize profusely in case he had to wait.

Here's what I want to know:

Am I being an overprotective brother, just looking for any reason to not like this guy, or is this a serious red flag? At the very beginning of knowing someone (they've only hung out once before, although she called him baby on the phone), and already he won't come pick her up? This just seems wrong, very wrong to me. Not only does it hand all power in the relationship over to the older guy, but it just seems like this guy is going to push this as far as he can.

[keep all of your thoughts on my sister's character out of your fucking comments, since she is a stubborn but very naive girl about such things, but tell me truly: should I have this guy killed?]

13 comments:

Chelle said...

good call.

lost goddess said...

I think you are right to not like this guy, but murder?

I think you are right she is excited makeing the man seem like he can do no wrong when seen through shinig eyes.

tiff said...

I second the dick notion.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

I third the dick notion, and I say "get the giant pigs ready".

Sea Hag said...

There was a time when your sister was not of legal drinking age. I am still trying to get over that little mind-fuck right now.

And any guy who won't pick a girl up is a douche. End of story.

rennratt said...

The boy is ablaze in red flags. You are right to be creeped out.

Sadly, however, your sister will have to learn this on her own.

I would, however, follow at a safe distance, get his tag numbers, and DMV him.

I'm betting he's married or otherwise attached.

Pageant Mom said...

RED FLAG.

Skittles said...

Honey - this is a red flag to me - Now you know that says something!

Biff Spiffy said...

'Ablaze in Red Flags' - classically perfect Rennism.

Yea, verily I say unto thee, he's weasley. Maybe or not dangerous, but definitely looking for his own goodies in this deal.

Sea Hag said...

Actually I think he's more concerned about your sister's goodies.

gtboat said...

I think the shooting thing is in order. He sounds like he does not want you to see how scurvey he is so he stays away. I'll shoot him for you...

Hyperion said...

All - 11-0; that's a shut out. I would give much to be able to show her this, although I don't want to live through the fall out of her finding out I told about her life.

Still, it's nice to know it's not just my over-protective gene kicking in.

Sea Hag said...

Dude, make her read my columns!!!