Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Yo

wish I had time for more, but posting my movie review took it all out of me.

Four housekeeping items:

One, my public chastisement of several of the male members (hee hee: male members) was done out of love. I want to hear from you all more often. But seriously: I know everyone has issues, but if I can get to a computer, anyone can, and I mean that literally. If work is a no no, post from home. If nothing else, I need you dudes, else I'm likely to be overrun by skirt, and while normally that might seem like a good proposition, I'm scrrrrrrrd!

Secondly, starting yesterday I am letting each Monkey have a week to select the picture and motto. This week was Dominique, for the simple reason that she called me the day I decided to start this. I've already asked the second person, but it's random from here on out, so don't fret if it takes awhile to get to you.

Third, I love the posts lately, and I'm not hating on quizzes, jokes and links. They have kept this going, especially when I'm out. But Hyperion wants to here what you think about things. Each of you was asked to be a Monkey because you have a unique world view and something to add. So take some time this week to tell us about your life, or something that's just on your mind. (And that's a memo.)

Lastly, we welcome two new Monkeys today. They were both invited several weeks ago (one several months ago), but because of my inability to get to the computer, the invites just went out today. I want it noted that both were invited well before any "campaigns" began to include them, which is a good thing, because Hyperion is not keen on public lobbying, and if I'd seen that BEFORE I had decided to invite them, I probably wouldn't have. We always have room for more here, but tell me privately in the future if possible.

Anyway, at some point Biffy (I refuse to say Biff Spiffy from here on out, so I rename him Biffy) and RennRatt will be joining us. Please make them feel right at home, and try to hold down the hazing.

Your fearless leader will return as soon as possible.

7 comments:

tiff said...

Yay Biff and Renn! Yay!!!!!

Most excellent.

Unknown said...

Whee! Thanks amigo!

And... Biffy?? Gah. I guess I can deal, especially coming from the likes of you.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Wooo hoo! Biffy. Hmmm, I like that.

Sea Hag said...

Hello Biff Spliffy! Can I call you Spliffy?

And hello Renn!

rennratt said...

Grr. Blogger is tarding out on me and won't let me agree to the invite without upgrading to the new blogger.

So. Frustrated!

Chelle said...

Yeah! Welcome Renn and Biffy Spiffy!

Hyperion said...

Renn - I'll figure it out, even if I have to kick everyone off and reinvite them. Bear with me. Oh, and welcome to both of you. I have decided to give the two of you nicknames. (see above)