Thursday, November 30, 2006

Fantasy Football Team Name Update

So, last week I told you I got to rename my Fantasy Football Team, and needed some suggestions. After several terrible ones (thanks guys, for coming through when I needed you), I went with "the Albigensian Crusade." (Right now, 4 of you just laughed, and I love you for it.)

Of course, I had a change of heart based on two of my pewter figurines (more on that in a minute), but with the crappy internet service here at Camp Outlaw I could not change my team name before the first game commenced on Thanksgiving (per league rules). However, seeing as how the League Commish is Bear, and how he hopes his sisters never find out he offered me both of them once for a Chicken Biscuit, I went ahead and changed by team name anyway, even though we were mid-game.

And of course I lost.

But I shouldn't've. If someone had started Joseph Addai like they were supposed to (read: Koz), I would have gotten Addai's 37.80 points instead of Travis Henry's -.60.

The result of this debacle is that not only did I A) Lose, but B) missed out on being the high scorer for the second week in a row, with the second highest total of the season (second only to my total the week before), but C) the loss eliminated me from playoff contention. To add insult to injury, when I mildly complained (not whining, just pointing out that with Addai I'd have been there), the guy who beat me, normally a class act, gives an entire post bent to mocking me. Sadly, I should have known, as no one from Mississippi is ever classy for very long.

Anyway, I'm letting the playoffs go, and for now just focusing on my new team name.

First, let me tell you how it came about. Awhile back (for Hyperion Day, as I recall), I received two pewter figurines, a Faery and a Wizard. I started carrying them around in my pocket for luck, and wouldn't you know it, the Faery seduced the Wizard. If you don't think that's possible, let me show you what they look like.




Tell me you wouldn't be seduced? Unfortunately, the Faery was going up against more than she bargained for, and that ol' crafty Wizard turned her out.

I know; shocking, but it happens.

So, ladies and gentlemen, for the next few weeks, please root cheer (and heck; maybe even pray) for my fantasy football team

FAERY SLUTS & WIZARD PIMPS

No comments: