Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I am liking to be thanking for Thanksgiving

For the Second “G,” I wanted to mix it up, so I asked the Monkey Barners to send me words that ended in ING that they were thankful for. This is what they came up with. [Any comments I have are in brackets like this]


BEAR
Playing
Living
Seeing
Knowing
Believing
Eating
[It cracks me up that Bear is thankful for belief, since as a scientist that's usually the last block in his wall. Maybe Bear is referring to believing that Schrodinger will one day love him)


DOMINIQUE
Kissing
Holding
Hugging
Knitting
Singing
Listening
Swimming
likely won't make the list but still thankful for...
Necking
Screwing
69ing
[What do you know? They made the list after all, as Dominique blushes a furious red]



LOST GODDESS
bling bling (rings and things)
Sing(ing in the rain)
Spring(the best season-EVER)
Buffalo wings (the hot kind)
Natrual springs (for well, being natural)
String (to tie “things” up with ;)
[From this list it looks like Lost Goddess does a lot of partyING, and if I ever get to go to one I'll be thankful too]


SEA HAG
ING (the bank)
cock rings
plundering
pruning
plumming
****ing

[the ING bank one cracks me up. I asked Sea Hag what the ****ing one was, but she wouldn't say, wanting us to guess. Hmmmmmmmm]


TRACY LYNN
Spelunking
Baby-sitting
Writing
Reading
Peeing
[I am speaking to Tracy Lynn as I write this, and she wants me to emphasize peeing. So again, PEEING]


KOZ [his original list was rejected by management, but if he's brave I suppose he could always put it in the comments]
Passing (the football, before Thanksgiving Dinner)
Eating
Drinking
Passing (gas)
Passing (out on the couch)
[This one is so boring I almost wish I'd kept his first list . Almost]


DRAGON
Breathing
Laughing
Loving
Sighing
Smiling
[I have it on good authority that Dragon sighs like a champ, and that tendrils of smoke come out of her nostrils]


LADY JANE SCARLETT
Panting
Running
Sleeping
Snuggling
Laughing
Driving
Biking
Outvocabularing
Pirating
Looting
[It's too easy, you know?]


TIFF
Sleeping
Swimming
Kissing
Showering

Gardening
Baking
Spring (hee)
"Bling"
Thing(s 1 and 2)
[I like how Sleeping is first for her. And what's up with “Spring” being a joke? I need someone less funny to interpret. Also, I happen to know that Thing 1 and Thing 2 are her kids, so let's all together say Awwwwwwww!]


So that's them. I wanted to add something myself, and for two weeks have been looking for this song I saw on Captain Kangaroo. I only saw the show twice, but both times they had this song at the end, leading me to believe they always played it, yet I have searched high and low without a simple bite, so maybe not. The song was a list of “ING” words that you can do, with video of all these things. The words are sung quickly, so it comes out almost like a music video. I can hum the damn thing, but cannot remember the words, other than I am pretty sure swimming, hiking and biking are in there. At the very end they sing, “There's so much to do, these things are just a few!”

I wanted to end with that video, but since I can't find it (and 98 Monkey Barn points to anyone who can), I will give you my own list. If Audioblogger still worked I'd sing it for you, but feel free to sing along in your own tune, or the Captain Kangaroo one if you happen to remember it.



What I am Thankful for (by Hyperion)


READING FEEDING WATCHING SLEEPING WRITING

TRICKING LICKING CARD PLAYING AND FIGH– I – TING

DRINKING WINKING JOUSTING VERBING

SNEAKING PEAKING (DO NOT DISTURBING)

THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO

THESE THINGS ARE JUST A FEW!


3 comments:

tiff said...

Spring is a joke (lame, but still) only because it's not a verb form thing. However, I see that I'm not alone in my cleverness, and so ask that the "hee" be removed. Sigh. Must.get.new.brain.

Skittles said...

Hypie - Hypie - Hypie

Red heads not blush -it would clash w/ the hair. I have happily surprised you let those in - thanks :-)

Sea Hag said...

I enjoy a roofie colada from time to time! Ooh, I should have put rolling on my list too. Well, everyone can assume that's what I meant by ****ing. Unless you can think of something else filthy. I'm glad I didn't go for the 'spring' joke but went for my own non-verb 'ing' word with cock ring.