Monday, November 20, 2006

Girls that make you see Red

[Editor's Note: The following contains pictoral depictions of scantily clad womyn, but these photographic representations are for scientific and theological purposes, and are not in any way meant to demean womyn as a gender, nor be objects of lust. Thank you for your cooperation.]


My favorite Sports Columnist Bill Simmons has this theory that certain women are more dangerous to guys than others. For example, Bill says, guys can say that Ann Hathaway is hot and the does not bother wives and girlfriends, as they find her unthreatening. (Even though she seems to be going out of her way to slut up her image.)



On the other the other hand, this same GF who might say, "Oh, Ann Hathaway is nice" will start dropping F Bombs and throwing things if that same guy says BrittanyMurphy is hot. (Bill also says the same applies to some girl from MTV's The Hills, but never having seen it I am not sure who he meant.)



Anyway, I was watching a movie the other day I'd rather not say that included Amy Smart, and I think she might belong on the second list. Not the most beautiful girl in the world, but when you talk about her to girls, they get mad. I remember once mentioning Amy Smart to my sister, and she immediately trashed the girl's talent, looks, everything. I mean, wow! I just casually mention her and I get a litany back.

I was definitely on to something.


The pictures don't really do her justice. You have to see her in action to understand.




So, what makes a girl threatening to you ladies, and what makes her not? I asked a couple of people for an example of a non-threatening woman, and got Gwyneth Paltrow. Is this true, ladies? If your man said Gwyneth was hot would you be upset?




What about the original non-threatening girl of the '90s: Julia Roberts?



In the end I still need to collect a lot more information. So I throw open the question to the women. What names piss you off when your man says they are hot? What names are you fine with?

And for guys, who are more likely to be honest in this situation, what names have you found your women freaking out over, and what ones pass by without much jealousy at all?

This should be good.

8 comments:

Dragon said...

Non-offensive: Jennifer Aniston, Amanda Peet, Kristen Dunst

Women who scream 'SEX' and therefore are more offensive: Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba, Christina Aguilera

Women who scream 'STUPID' and if my man found them attractive, I would want to scream and slap him silly: Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, Pamela Anderson

tiff said...

Non-offensive: Ellen DeGeneres, Rosie O'Donnell, Anne Heche, (all right, I'll stop) Emma Thompson, Raquel Welch, Margaret Hamilton, Lucille Ball, Amy Madigan, Hilary Duff, Kate Hudson.

Offensive: Linsday Lohan, Posh Spice, Mrs Beasely, Paris Hilton, anyone with obviously fake breasts, ANY woman who wears see-through clothing (bras were invented for a reason, y'all).

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Non-offensive: anyone that my man has less than a 0.0000001% chance in a million of ever ever meeting. So, like, most celebrities I'm cool with.
Offensive: I get a *bit* more jealous when it's a comment about a girl walking down the street...or one of his friends. It's all about proximity...

lost goddess said...

Women who I perceive to be a slut is the kind of women. I assume I would be most threatened by. The truth of it is if I wouldn't sleep with her, you better not either. If she's cute enough maybe she'll sleep with us both ;)

Sea Hag said...

See, any woman who we perceive to potentally be in our man's league is a threat. Obviously, people like Jennifer Anniston or Angelina Jolie or whoever are so gorgeous and rich and blah blah that we'd never worry about them stealing our men when they can have the hottest and richest men in the world. However, women who look more like regular old people are perceived as more of a threat because they seem more real and therefore more available.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Right on Sea Hag!

tiff said...

Especially if they're women we know that we also KNOW are slutty.

That one stings most of all!

Sea Hag said...

I love sluts, as long as they don't come steal any of my mens. MINE!