Monday, November 20, 2006

Letter I, The Sequel

Gee, I got stuck with the second letter I. Woo-freakin-hoo. What can I say that hasn't already been said? I mean, all the good, clever stuff is already taken, and the world isn't exactly overrun with a whole lotta awesome I-letter stuff. Igloos? Isosclese triangles? Izod shirts?

Well, if I got screwed over with the redundant I, then I'm gonna rock this out Sea Hag style, your rules and social conventions be damned!

Sea Hag is thankful for (Thanksgiving style):

Star Wars Episode IV- somewhere right now, some little kid is watching this for the first time, and a nerd is born. If that's not cause to celebrate, I don't know what is.

Eye candy-who wouldn't be thankful for some of that hawt stuff?
(Extra credit:
Ay papi!- what you say when you see eye candy.)

Hawkeye Pierce- M*A*S*H is one of the best shows ever, and any time I'm flipping channels at 3 a.m. and I find an episode, I'm profoundly grateful.

Firefly- One of the best TV shows that met an untimely death. I am thankful to Joss Whedon for introducing me to the creamy goodness that is Nathan Fillion.

Ryan Adams- I've just gotten into his music (and NO I don't mean Bryan Adams!) and it's good stuff. He's a stupidly talented singer-songwriter capable of incredibly haunting music. If you're ever in the mood for some music to mope to, try 'Blue Sky Blues', 'The Shadowlands' or 'Elizabeth, You Were Born to Play That Part'.

Christmas play- OK, stay with me on this one, it actually does have to do with the letter I. When I was about 5 or 6, there was a Christmas play at the afterschool/daycare place my mom worked at, and I got to be in it. The whole premise was that a bunch of little kids each got to be a letter in the word C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S, and as it turns out, I was, you guessed it, the letter I. Anyway, Letter I runs away and Christmas is ruined and Santa Claus sings a song about it, which went something like:

I, I, where have you wandered to?
You know I've been so fond of you
Haven't I loved you and blah blah blah I forgot
I, won't you please come home now?

So I got to make my big entrance and run up on the stage and say something about running away to Florida because it was warmer than the North Pole. As I remember, one of the kids in the play got sick and my mom had to stand in for him. I think she was the T. I'm thankful that I got to be the star of the show for one time in my life, and I'm thankful that I can even remember any of that, in spite of my attempts to kill off many brain cells with sweet, sweet alcohol.

Love,

6 comments:

tiff said...

Rock on, Sea Hag!!!

Chelle said...

And you were complaining about being the second I? What for? And you left ipod off your list.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Mmmm mmm mmm. Mad props to a Sea Hag who loves Nathan Fillion AND Ryan Adams!

Sea Hag said...

You know what would be better than Nathan Fillion and Ryan Adams? Me in between Nathan Fillion and Ryan Adams, making an ooey, gooey Sea Hag sandwich.

I didn't list my iPod because that's like saying 'I'm grateful for air' or 'I'm thankful that I wasn't hit by a meteorite today'. Like it's so obvious that it's almost not even worth mentioning.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Can I join in?

Sea Hag said...

There's plenty of Ryan Adams and Nathan Fillion for everyone!