Thursday, November 02, 2006

Motto a Motto

I've been looking for a new motto. One of you (won't say who) wrote in to suggest "29 minutes you could have spent on your niece," but that's more HyperionX, eh?

In case you don't keep up regularly with us, the 9 minutes joke came when I first arrived here at Outlaw camp. I spent 29 minutes trying to post something, which wouldn't work, which, as you can imagine to someone who has very very limited Internet access, frustrated me to no end. The "on your knees" part came from someone else's post that day. LJS or LG, I think.

Anyway, I saved several of your pages to read as offline material, and came across one of Tracy Lynn's posts, which ended with the hilarious line,

"Cellophane, HO!"


I immediately wrote to promise her it would be the new Monkey Barn Motto.

However, I just finished persuing Schrodinger's site, and came across this post, where she talks about not being the greatest storyteller in the world, advising that when one tells a story that is obviously boring others, one should wrap up the story by trailing off and then saying,

"And then I kicked a hobo."


You can see the bind I'm in.

That's hilarious too! What's a Hyperion to do?

So, I put it to the Barn. Which one of these hilarious items should be our new motto?


Oh, and there's a new quote up too. Enjoy

4 comments:

Tracy Lynn said...

I have to say, and then I kicked a hobo, because I've actually been using that all over the place. It's so very versatile, ya know?

But thanks for noticing cellophane Ho, and I miss you!

Schrodinger's Kitten said...

I also reccommend 'And that's how I saved Christmas.' It's more satisfying than kicking a hobo. Unless you're into things like that.

tiff said...

Why choose? Use both.

"And then I kicked a hobo; cellophane HO!"

I'm building concensus one motto at a time.

lost goddess said...

I like tiff's idea b/c I can't seem to be able to pick beteen the two