Monday, March 12, 2007

Its all in the eye of the beholder

Hype and I were talking fashion the other day and we had a disagreement. I was explaining couture to him. I used the example of Carrie Bradshaw's Versace couture gown from the series finale of "Sex and the City".

I think this "thousand layer" dress is an amazing example of art in dress form. He proceeded to tell me that he thought the dress made her look like Ursula from "the Little Mermaid". What a rube!

What do you think barners?


Art form? or Bitchy Octopus?


xo
Dragon

4 comments:

Hyperion said...

Not only is that dress a straight rip off of Ursula's, but I'll go you one further:

I think it's the SAME dress. I think Carrie Bradshaw IS Ursula

Unknown said...

Not a big CarrieB fan... and I never pay much attention to fashion. I think I like the dress, but it just sca-reams 'high maintenance' to me.

Can't wait to see what CB looks like when she's Ursula's age.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

I loved loved the dress, it was beautiful. It just flowed so well, and the colors were gorgeous. But, I always felt that the CB character was a bitchy octopus.

Pageant Mom said...

Love the style. Hate the color.

I will never-EVER own anything (or anything remotely resembling) gray, taupe, tan, khaki, olive or mustard.

Carrie t'aint my style.

Cher - now that's another story altogether :o)