Monday, March 19, 2007

Rome and Cleo

Lucius Vorenus: Do you think of *nothing* but women?
Titus Pullo: What else is there? [he thinks] Food, I
s'pose.

I was never as high on HBO's Rome, but I have to admit, when it gets rolling, it really gets rolling. (On DVD it should absolutely rock, since you can watch multiple episodes together.)

Last night was the penultimate episode ever, and while I am sad about this, they certainly going out on a high note.


Even better, we are finally into the Antony/Celopatra phase, which means more of Cleo. I don't know what it is about this girl (played by Lyndsey Marshall), but the picture above simply does not do her justice. Much like the real Cleopatra, this one isn't hot exactly, but you just get why she was able to seduce both Julius Caesar and Marc Antony.

PLUS, last night's ep revealed that Cleo's were named Helios and Selene. Why is this significant? Because in Greek Mythology, Hyperion's first two children were Helios (Sun god) and Selene (goddes of the Night). That makes it official. I am building a time machine, travelling back to ancient Egypt, and making love to that woman, who obviously had my children. I've already cleared it with Kaida and everything.

(I also wanted to stop in 1963 and sleep with Elizabeth Taylor, who played Cleopatra, albeit more beautiful than the historical model, but definitely nailing that allure. Kaida questioned why I couldn't just sleep with current Elizabeth Taylor. Chicks. They understand so little.)

Anyway, if I'm not here in a few days, it will be because of the time machine thing.

No comments: