Saturday, June 18, 2005

the birth of Harriet



I declared the war over, an Amnesty passed (quite magnanimously, in my opinion), only to get sniped at by (presumably) Second Anonymous responder. I was going to jump right in, and then I heard Bear's words (like he was a dead Obi-Won Kenobi whispering words of the Force in my ear), "You can't argue with these people.

The problem is that I generally use an argument technique called "logic." This is clearly a foreign language to some, and thus trying to use logic when others don't even seem to be aware it exists is akin to speaking Chinese when all others speak Greek.

So I'll let it go.

However, it comes to my attention that my original anonymous responder celebrates a special day today. Since I finally know who she is, I am officially giving her an alias: Harriet. (I feel like I’m in a delivery room.) Harriet, from now on, (when you post trouble-making comments that incite those poor unfortunate souls who couldn’t properly argue their way out of a paper bag), use Harriet. At least there will be on less anonymous.

And while I’m at it, I got you three presents. I’ll give you one now:




Be Happy, Harriet


The rest of you prepare yourselves. I have some unexpeted time on my hands, and will soon be posting great questions for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meh. You just want to get the last word in.

Anonymous said...

hey Anonymous - "pot - kettle - black"

Anonymous said...

So we are both hypocrites once. But he still asked for peace just as a guise for victory. If he was sincere he wouldn't still be talking about it.