Thursday, June 09, 2005

Flaws in the Response System

I got to be honest: I'm not sure this "anonymous response" thing is the way to go. For example, after I posted an email from "Anonymous," and then mocked that email, I get this:

Anonymous said...

maybe I am just a conspiracy theorist like yourself

12:57 AM

Now, I would not have expected her to act this way. Of course, we all know women have as much consistency as the weather, so maybe she just did a 180. However, it's equally possible that THIS IS A DIFFERENT PERSON!!! How am I supposed to know, and mock accordingly? I tell you the truth: it's tough to be a webmaster.


I should point out that not everyone is convinced that "Anonymous Questioner" is even a girl in the first place.

Dominique said...

HYRPERION!!!!! HOW DARE YOU?!? (& I am tempted to use a longer name than that, MISTER MAN!)

Anonymous MUST be a MAN! Obviously too ignorant to look up any work in the dictionary, which is about equal to not stopping & asking directions! There are even online dictionaries in this day & age too.

9:41 AM

I will admit that SOME men do have this problem, but c'mon! How many women do you know ask men to do something they are perfectly capable of, but just don't want to? "Will you kill that spider?" "Will you open this jar?" "Will you call and say we can't go to the party?" "Will you return the video?"

Anyone else got any analysis?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting.... be careful what you wish for.

Anonymous said...

I am a different anonymus. Why care about gender or name? Respond to people, thier issues and opinions. You just don't have to be responsible for making them seem coherant. Plus, if people wanted to be nameless but still specific the could use "other."

Anyway, I disagree with you comment on women. But that's niether here nor there.