Tuesday, June 21, 2005

It's all Greek to me

One of my favorite games is Wizard, which is a bidding game (like Sevens or Rook), but with the added complexity of Wizards and Jesters added in. I found the game online, and yesterday took a break from all the hard work to play for the first time. (By the way, feel free to download the software and join me sometime. It's a blast.)

I couldn't use my regular name, Hyperion, as my screen name, so I used another name I often go by, tufloi. (It's an acronym, but also a Greek word. Long Story.)

When I first popped up, the host of the game was making conversation, and asked if I was French (guessing from the name). This is how he put it:

Host: tufloi....French?

I answered: Thanks, but I hardly know you

hee hee hee

Later on, I explained my name was actually Greek, to which the Host responded, "Thanks, but I'll pass on that too."


[By the way, if you didn't get the second part of that, congratulate yourself on having a pure heart. The rest of you are cracking up]

No comments: