Sunday, June 19, 2005

Snatched from the jaws of death

Something has been spiking our electric bill by thousands of percentage points. My father has been trying to isolate the cause, and turned off the breaker on the steam shower and jacuzzi tub, in case one or both was using power even when off.

The problem is, the circuit breakers are in my room.

Anyway, today is Father's Day, and more importantly, the final round of the US Open. Yet, in spite of those two things I was willingly sleeping as long as I could. (That bad a night.) Anyone who knows how I feel about the US Open (and my father for that matter), should realize how tired that makes me.

So, what do you think my reaction was when my sister woke me 15 minutes ago, under the guise of "dinner," but really so I would turn on the circuit and she could take a jacuzzi bath?

I'm not a violent man, but if it had been physically possible for me to move at pace faster than a quadrapalegic, this might be a very different post.

No comments: