Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Maybe it's me (part 2)

Yesterday and today is one of the saddest times of the year for me. Yesterday was the longest day of the year, and from now on, the days will start getting shorter. This happens to me twice a year (it's even worse in December, since I crave night).

Basically, and I know no other way to put this, I feel sad for how hard the day has worked to get longer and longer, all that effort for six months, and then "poof" it's over and they have to wait a entire year to have again. In some ways, I suppose it's like Christmas, which we look forward to as kids for so long and then BANG it's gone in a rush. I remember always being a tiny bit sad at Christmas when I was younger (and celebrated that day).

The big difference is that I actually sympathize and feel for the "Day" and the "Night" as if they are actual entities. I don't know if anyone else gets physically sad on these days, mourning the loss hard work put in, or maybe it's just me.








No comments: