Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Don't worry...be Hypey

Last Friday I announced I was going to attempt to go two weeks without worrying. What I really meant was not only worrying, but getting aggravated by little things. I don't want to do that. I don't mind letting big things bother me (child abuse, famine, when they cancelled ANGEL), but to get bogged down by petty stuff makes me feel petty. I don't want to worry either, but to be honest, I don't worry all that much. Some people would say I don't worry nearly enough. (And I call those people "my parents.")

Anyway, my two weeks got off to a rough start. I won't fill in the details, but in one conversation with my mother I had to start over three times. The rest of Friday didn't go much better. I kept getting upset about little stupid things again and having to start over.

About Friday night I hit a good stretch, mostly because I was so tired I didn't have time to worry, including when I ran off the road because I fell asleep. (Although, it's possible I was too tired to be upset.)

This lasted until Sunday night, when I had to start over, and then yesterday KFC wouldn't take a debit card, which made me upset, and on and on. I had almost 24 hours after that, until today when I couldn't get my Cast of Characters on Fagin Dupree to look right, and once again had to start over.

So, here I am, almost four hours into what I'm determined to be two solid weeks without getting upset. I'm not sure why I'm doing this, but by now, it's a holy quest.

I'll keep you updated.

No comments: