Friday, July 15, 2005

Parents are idiots

So, I've decided to try two weeks where nothing bothers me. But before I start that, I have to relate something that happened a few days ago (when I was still getting bothered by everything).

I was at Applebee’s, and I went into the restroom. A guy was in there with his two young boys. I didn't really pay them any attention, and used the urinal. I noticed one of the kids just staring at me, but it wasn't until I headed to the sink that it dawned on my that this was a three year old girl.

I was in such shock I didn't say anything. (Plus, what good is it going to do those kids to see there daddy get verbally eviscerated?) I left the rest room to see (presumably) the mother watching a baby. The more I thought about it, the madder I got. I realize they were trying to juggle the kids, but what they should have done was have dad take the boy, and then come out and watch the baby while mom takes the girl. To save a minute or two they let the girl in with dad.

In a women's bathroom, while perhaps still not right, I can at least understand. After all, the stalls all have doors and there is a measure of privacy.

However--and I don't mean to shock you if you weren't aware, in a Men's bathroom there are these stand-up urinals, and, well, you're kind of just letting it all hang out there. With all guys it's not a big deal; you see a lot more in a locker room.

But this dad, no: this friggin' loser whom if I ever see alone I will punch in the face, caused me to break the law. I (inadvertently) exposed myself to a little girl. Hopefully she doesn't remember, but I vividly remember a few things like that when I was 3 and 4 years old.

Just as bad (to me anyway), I had to feel creepy and sick to my stomach the rest of the day, knowing I was a part of that spectacle. I will also never again be able to walk into a public restroom again without staring at all the little kids to make sure they aren't girls, which will make me look even scarier for sure.

And if that dad is reading: don't ever cross my path again. If you're a dad who has done this, stop immediately or else just give up your kids for adoption; because they're better off raised by wolves than by you.

[Calm Hyperion starts now: 10:33 am on Friday. We'll see if I can make it a fortnight.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Romulus and Remus were raised by wolves, so in that light nearly everyone would be better off.