Monday, April 10, 2006

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggidy Jig

Recently I came to the realization that I have to move. My lease is up at the end of April and my search for people to replace my current roommates has not been successful. So yes, now I have to pack up and move to a new place. I've had to move a helluva lot in my short lifetime (my dad was in the military, plus my own personal opportunities) so it's not really that big a deal, but damn it sucks to have to transport all your things to another place. I don't even have that much stuff, but I'm annoyed at the prospect of just having to move my couch and bed, not to mention I also have to unhook all my computer stuff and set all that back up, and you know that's a huge pain in the ass. Plus moving maybe 300 books. Ugh! So here's a question for you: All other things being more or less equal (rent, space, etc.), do you move into a place with one of your friends, or do you move into a place with someone you don't know and could be a serial killer even though you might get a free 32 inch HDTV out of the deal? I guess if they threw in a PS3 I'd have a reason to need an HDTV. Chances of that are slim since it's not even out yet and will probably cost a kidney and two fingers anyway. *sigh* I better get packing.

3 comments:

Hyperion said...

Dude, with HD-DVDs coming out next month, it's a no-brainer.

Seriously, I've noticed that one of the hardest things to do is for "friends" to live together. Often it can screw up a friendship, and what often makes a good friendship (similarities) can make a roommate situation intolerable. Look into the dude, but it it checks out it might be best even without the TV.

Plus, if he's a serial killer at least you'd always have things to talk about.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

I second Hypey on this. Moving in with friends is always tougher! Good luck packing your things.

Skittles said...

friends can make horrid roommates - a fact i know 1st hand from the past two years - and from being RA in undergrad -- stranger is better - and if s/he has a ps3 - hell i'm coming to visit