Monday, April 10, 2006

Jackpot city, here I come

You'll notice one other thing on Monkey Barn that's totally different.

Ads.


I have always been uncomfortable with ads on a site, but I also need to change my economic model if I'm going to be able to continue the volume and quality of content the Hyperion Institute has. I thought this might be something that would help. If it works I may roll this out to the other sites. In other words, you're guinea pigs.

I am precluded from asking or begging you to click on the ads, although it would definitely help my cause financially if you did. I do know that repeated clicks from the same person are grounds for termination in the project, so if you are trying to help me out by clicking (which I am precluded from asking you to do, although it would help me out financially), don't click on any ad more than once or twice a day. They get suspicious that way.

And if the ads bother you, please let me know. I have other means by which you can become a patron of the Institute (more on that next week).

No comments: