Saturday, April 08, 2006

Jealousy is Heresy?

I like the humility and thoughtfulness of the Prayer Chair , thanks to 'Jax! (and another TOOT for your site!)
Reading over the site, I recalled my Catholic upbringing that I mostly prayed "to" God instead of to all three parts/wholes of the Holy Trinity. I am curious in a heretic sort of way, as to why it's so rarely seen and taught to pray to the Holy Spirit. I mean, it is part of the trinity. Snarkly, I had a Gaimon-like vision of the Holy Spirit getting a tad jealous that God and Jesus gets all the credit and sulking in the corner of Heaven. Imagine that, just for a devil's advocate type of mental exercise. How would that jealousy work, theologically speaking?

1 comment:

Hyperion said...

You speak of jealousy and you don't even mention Mrs. God?