Friday, April 07, 2006

Somebody's gonna get a hurtin'

My post on the numbers in the day thing was one day late; proof I'm off my game if you ever needed it.

And I noticed that only one person wrote a explanation for that picture. Over 60 people visited, and only one person wrote!

You lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy bastards. Like 66 words would kill you, and after Monkey Barn does so much for you. I hate to quote Ray Nagin, but get off your asses and do something!

This means I can't move on to the next one I was going to do until Monday.

I guess to inspire you I'll go ahead and print mine. Stare at that picture for about 30 seconds before you read it.

It had been three weeks. Marco still looked out the window forlornly, false hope rising every time a dark skinned man in a red hat would pass by. Raki knew better. He turned away, their master’s betrayal still bitter on his lips. Why had they not seen that woman for the Jezebel she was? Raki vowed if he ever saw Destany again he’d kill her. Slowly.

6 comments:

Skittles said...

i didn't like the picture - it reminded me of my trained flying monkey who passed & how hard it is to find another - sigh, whimper, pout - but i'll march on and go write something for you if must - i'll muster up the strength and work through the pain of it

lost goddess said...

Heartache, grief, regret, this story has every sorrow known to man. But this story isn't about a man it is about the broken children you see here. Taken from their home. Dropped into a world of apathy. It well be a long journey home from here. If they ever do return home. My heart breaks still.


I have given in to yourself centered pleas, I really was going to write your story. Then I decided I did not want to. I did not want to be dictated in such a manor. 66 words or less count every word like some child. Since you cried about it I have slapped something together. Rethink it, I see it was a worthy challenge.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

His recurring thought nagged like a hair shirt on a summer’s day: she’s fucking driving me insane with her babbling. Why am I compelled to stay here when only I know that these chains aren’t real and these walls are phony? The open seas beckon, but this broken cup is my warden. If only I didn’t love her so much. If only I could convince her.

Sea Hag said...

Hey, I just wrote one! Just to make up for my laziness, I'll write another one here.

For their anniversary, Zak had given Sara two monkeys. The monkeys’ sole purpose in life was to crack open pecans while chained inside a box. Upon receiving her present, Sara once again wondered at her incredible luck at finding such a thoughtful man. The monkeys wondered at their incredible luck that the chains were flimsy and the humans slept with their slender, fleshy throats exposed.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Sea Hag,
You rock, I love the way your mind works!
:) LJS

Sea Hag said...

why thank you, LJS!