Friday, April 07, 2006

Iraqis' daily lives (BBC)

This is just amazing. BBC has this blog of posts from people in Iraq. Take a read at the human side of all of this.

'Lulu', Civil engineer, Baghdad, 1333 (0833 GMT).
My sister has arrived with her family, it has become like a madhouse!
My mother and brother have been to the market to collect fish for lunch, fresh from the Tigris.
I am happy though, the house is very noisy and I am "Auntie" for the day.


Tarek Yassin, 47, Civil engineer, Baghdad, 1410 (1010 GMT).
I woke up at 0900 and I had to go to the market to fetch some tools to fix my lamp.
I also bought some fruit and vegetables and we are now preparing a nice Friday meal of grilled fish, which we will take with us to my sister in law's for lunch.
I also had coffee with my brother, and we discussed the latest political developments.
My sister-in-law's home is very close to us, but the route we take is more like a labyrinth, as all the streets are blocked by the trunks of palm trees as a security precaution to gain more control of traffic.
So we take a twisted path by car to get there. This precaution was actually taken by the locals here, not by the government.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4881164.stm

No comments: