Monday, September 18, 2006

Weekend Shenaniganz

Over the weekend, there was no template, and this was the only post:

Monkey Barn is on, let us call it a Time Out. The Hyperion Institute will have more details as they become available.

If you showed up looking for Brittany Bratt pictures, You have my sympathy. What had happened was....

See, I work with women. And women (as most of you know), like to get mad at everything. And usually "I" am the "everything." When I put up a banner picture of Brittany Bratt (even though, thanks to some judiciously placed monkey stickers, Brittany was perfectly clothed, enough so that she could possibly have taught at one of the more strict Catholic elementary schools) the women squawked. (I would like to note for the record that several weeks earlier when an array of half-naked men were put on the site--and no men complained, by the way--not a single woman gave a word of protest).

Anyway, the Brittany Bratt thing has led to my stardom, as I am on Google's first page of hits when you type in her name. This caused a flood of new readers, and even though most only stay long enough to find out there are no naked chicks, it is still quite the windfall.

and even though this might be a huge opportunity to grow my regular site (the aforementioned Hyperion Institute) by appealing to this new demographic, if only in a modest way and only to attract them to what I am really about, these women have been loyal to me, and will be loyal to them. (No one ever said I was a success. What can I say?)

So, I repeat: Monkey Barn is on time Out until such time I am no longer the number one search result on Google, At that point we will return, better than ever.

Thanks, and if you came for naked chicks, sorry I could not help.





The only other thing I wanted to mention (since there is no way to transfer this post) were two of the comments. "Anonymous said:"

Anonymous said...

All of these "timeouts" are getting to me. I think I'll stop visiting this site.

It reminds me of this restaraunt that kept changing their hours every other month. I would drive by and it seemed like they were never open. I stopped going. Apparently, so did a few other people because the place is now out of business.

What a shame.

Maybe a few people will read this before it gets pulled down.

6:03 AM


To which I answered:


Delete
Hyperion said...

Big loss to lose someone too much of a chicken-shit coward to sign a name to his thoughts.

We only have one rule at the Monkey Barn: if you are going to say something, be man enough to own up to it.

If you ever come out from hiding behind your mommy's skirts you are free to run along and find something more your speed, like Barney.

4 comments:

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Dude...wtf?

Tracy Lynn said...

I love it when the readers threaten us.

Schrodinger's Kitten said...

I love it when Hyperion loses it and goes mental.

Anonymous said...

Brittany Bratt is none other than Krysta from www.krystaz.com